Sunday, October 30, 2011

2 Days Until the Start of NaNoWriMo

I have a confession to make. The first year NaNoWriMo began...I was a participant for ....oh.....about 3 days. YES....I gave up!!

Fast forward to today....Will I give up this year....I really don't think so. I kind of have a fail-safe method this year to make sure that I don't. I guess you might be wondering what my fail-safe method is for NaNoWriMo 2011.

Well...I teach 2nd - 6th grade Gifted/Talented students and decided this year it would be a GREAT idea for them to also participate....in the Young Writers Program....so everyday when they write.....I also write...This has to work!!

But that is not the only reason I believe I will achieve my goal this year....I have promised myself that I will be a winner of NaNoWriMo 2011 this year.

I WILL meet the 50,000 word goal.

I want to have a viable novel fleshed out during the 30 days of NaNoWriMo this year....so after the first of 2012...I can edit and polish to have a publishable novel.

I know that 50,000 words does not a novel make.....not in length or quality. However, I have made it my MISSION to be successful in 2011 with this goal.

So BRING IT ON......NaNoWriMo 2011....here I come....dragging my 2nd - 6th grade Gifted/Talented students with me all the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment